Monday, July 29, 2013

Airsoft GI vs. EVIKE from 2011

So this review is on two retailers of Airsoft and probably two of the largest in the USA. I did some research on the two companies and how they operate as well as how their customer service was and even inventory.

Airsoft GI: Airsoft GI had amazing customer service. Although I did have some issues with an RMA there which is to be suspected. I had ordered a shorty CQB M203 airsoft grenade shower launcher. I got the launcher and realized it was much bigger than it was supposed to be. I contacted Customer service and they had me snap a few pictures of it then got back to me within 24 hours. I packed it back up and UPS showed up at my door the next day to pick it up. It took me about 3-5 weeks to get it back because it was out of stock. The customer service rep had called and emailed me several times to keep me updated.

The prices of Airsoft GI are a little higher but they offer tons of free shipping discounts which many times can be combined with other discounts. This makes the price slightly lower than EVIKE. Airsoft GI have shipped everything to me via UPS. It has rarely arrived in pristine condition. I dont know if this is UPS fault or because it was not packed well. One gas blowback pistol I bought from GI had busted the oil container and the gun and packaging was soaked. I didnt complain but instead cleaned it and it worked alright.

The stock of Airsoft GI runs out quickly but they do a fantastic job of updating their website to show in stock and out of stock items. The selection is growing but does not compare with EVIKE.

EVIKE: Evike is a massive company that offers the widest range of parts, components, and airsoft stuff out there. With that being said I ordered a lot of this stuff at christmas time. Unfortunately their call center was booked and short staff and I had to sit on the phone for about an hour then was disconnected. I dont know if it was my phone or if it was theirs. I called back and waited another 20 minutes. I had ordered a launcher for my brother, and a set of ball bearings for some grenades. I was supposed to have 4mm and instead was sent 3mm. The M203 launcher was a dboys when I had purchased online an "Echo1." The difference was minimal but the customer service guy told me that they could call it whatever they wanted.

Shipping was slower from Evike. Many times I would pay something like $10 for shipping on a small item and receive it in a small pouch via USPS. I have no problem with that, just wish shipping would be a bit cheaper as it should have cost maybe $5 for such a small item.

The inventory is what sets Evike apart. Anything you need can be found here. During Christmas they are slower to update the site but that is because of extremely high volumes.



Overall: both companies have their ups and downs.

Airsoft GI from my experience have had better shipping prices and better customer service while EVIKE has a much better inventory of stuff available. When I need parts or a gun that is not available in most other places I go with EVIKE because they have it. When I want something fast and a couple dollars cheaper, I go with GI.

Both are good companies overall and both have things they can improve upon.


Airsoft GI would have an overall of 8 (simply because of the customer service)
EVIKE would get and overall of 7 (the Inventory made up for the lack of customer service)








Note: The information for this study was compiled from personal experience. Neither companies have endorsed or contributed to my reviews at the time of writing and reviewing. Any information contained was based on personal product purchases during the Christmas season in 2011. Both companies may have fixed the issues I experienced and I do recommend both companies to anyone who wants to get into airsoft.

No comments:

Post a Comment